2010年8月27日金曜日

The food in the Dorm

     Usually the food in the dorm is not very testing. In my own college, my classmates even told me the food in the dorm was made for the pigs! In Stanford, we live in Wilbur and the dinner hall in Wilbur are always crowded with people during meal time. People flooding into the dinner hall, grabbing plenty of food on their plate and quickly finish the food with their friends. To be honest, the food in Stanford is not very good as expected. It doesn’t have much change on everyday’s menu; moreover, vegetable is always eaten without cooked which is tasteless. On the other hand, the sweets and beverages are extremely sweet. Whenever I take a bite of the cake or pudding, I can almost feel my teeth complaining about being exposed to calcium carbonate which will decay our teeth. Another shortcoming about cafeteria is that people will unconsciously waste more food than having one’s own portion. And this reminded me of an article that I read years ago. Comparing to Africa and other famines areas, there are places such as England and America wasting plenty of food every year. This is really ironic that one place of the earth, people is suffering for famines but the other places keep wasting enormous of food. I want to solve this food problem from the point of science field in the future. So, I have to work hard and go to the Graduate University of Stanford university.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿